Region rollbacks are reserved for emergency situations only and are not intended for a few lost items. If you believe the loss of items warrants a rollback, please review the following information before requesting one.
Linden Lab has recently made a change on how requesting a rollback is handled. Starting July 5, 2022, all region rollbacks incur a fee to submit the request. This fee is imposed by Linden Lab and therefore you will be required to cover this fee while understanding there is no guarantee of approval for the rollback. In the event the rollback is denied we will refund the fee to the avatar that made the payment. You can read more about their requirements here: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134561-region-rollback-guidelines
Please be aware of how a rollback will impact the following. Any changes after the rollback date/time will have reset to before the rollback if approved:
- Residents banned or unbanned
- Parcels sold or reclaimed
- Objects picked up/placed will be reverted
- Textures and script changes will be lost
- Script states will reset
These changes impact the entire region, not just a singular parcel. That is why this is reserved for emergency situations which typically impact an entire region.
If you still wish to proceed with your rollback request for a region you have through us, please reach out to our Customer Care team. We will not be processing rollback requests for parcels on a shared region unless the issue impacts the entire region.
You will be required to provide the following information with your request:
- What happened? Were objects lost? How many? Provide as much detail as possible.
- Why you need the rollback. Were the objects no-copy? Were they placed by someone no longer in SL?
- Which region you need the rollback performed on.
- Exactly what time in SLT/Pacific Time you know for certain the region was in good condition.
With that information provided, along with the fee covered, we can then submit your request and update you should Linden Lab request more information or approve the rollback request.