Update: At 19:34 PDT Casper announced all clear. This means everything appears to be running normally as expected and all backlog transactions have been accounted for. Anything missing at this point is going to require manual adjustment. You can read their full incident report here: https://wiki.casperdns.com/index.php/Outages#2020-11-07
We are still processing all transactions that took place from 2300 November 7th until service was restored at 15:32 November 8th. The failure rate appears to be about 40% in which manual adjustment will be necessary. Some tierboxes appear correct but upon a reset lose time. This is quite an unusual situation, but keep an eye on your remaining time over the next 24 hours or so. Contact us if you find anything unusual.
At roughly 2300 November 7th CasperLet/Vend suffered an outage caused by a Data Center network infrastructure fault. Transactions from this point made to tierboxes were accepted but did not update remaining time. It is our understanding that CasperLet will be able to recover those transactions once the system is back up and running.
- Reclaims have been delayed and/or halted for the time being.
- Please note: Automated notices from the tierboxes will continue to fire. Rest assured; your land is safe.
- Transactions should recover on their own.
- We plan to review all transactions taken place since the start of the outage just in case.
- You can submit a request on our ticket system with your transaction history and we can update you once the transaction is processed.
- We've temporarily re-routed tierbox locations to platforms with more information to limit our impact on recovery. This will be lifted as soon as things stabilize with Casper.
- Refunds, tier adjustments, and moves will be delayed until recovery.
While we understand this is very inconvenient, we are waiting for the Data Center that Casper utilizes to restore connectivity. This has an impact across the grid as stores and other estates are impacted by this outage as well.
We will also be sending out notices as any major progress is made and when all clear is announced.