Starting February 19th we began the enormous task of migrating away from the HippoRENT system to CasperLET. CasperLET has been a major player in vendors as well as providing service for rental payment systems. Therefore, we feel confident that moving forward CasperLET will provide a better user experience when it comes to paying for your rental.
What will change?
Fundamentally, nothing should change in terms of how you pay your rental. You will still receive notices (unless you decide to disable them), you can still pre-pay up to 12 weeks, anyone can still pay your rental, and you can still inform us if you decide not to renew.
The noteable changes are:
- Privacy - your name will not be listed on the tierbox.
- If you prefer to have your name listed, just contact us. Just understand you will lose that privacy factor.
- Speed - Hippo relied on 27 (yes, 27) scripts in order to function. This was not only a major waste of region resources it was also a waste since major functionality of HippoWEB was lost in February 2018 with signs of issues well up to that point. CasperLET on the other hand requires only one script (two with our customized reminder script). Total savings per tierbox: 25 scripts, 6 times less script time, and 3.75 times less memory.
- Additionally, as Hippo's scripts were roughly 10 years old, they ran on pre-MONO compiled scripts (LSO). The computational power of MONO compiled scripts are roughly 100x faster to start with.
- Functionality - Tier adjustments can be done automatically, monitoring across all tierboxes can be done in one location, and being able to see arrears and available boxes at a glance.
- Transactional History - Paying your rental provides you with a status link that verifies your payment was received. And if for any reason it failed it will provide detailed information on what happened.
- Hovertext Color - For most of our rental boxes the hovertext color was yellow. The migration to Casper means the hovertext will now be white.
- While we understand white can be difficult to read on lighter surfaces one workaround is to set the environment to night temporarily. You can achieve this by pressing control+shift+x for Midnight or control+shift+n for Evening.
- Listed Owner - As some of you will notice, the tierbox owner has changed to Vault Dreamseeker. This is a visible change only.
If you have any questions that have not been answered, please, feel free to reach out to us at any time!
Article is closed for comments.