You may have recently received notice from the Town of Avon (“Avon”), owned by Misfit Lalonde, that we, Dream Seeker Estates (“DSE”), have been paid for the regions that Avon was residing on. The unfortunate reality is that for the past several months we have been working steadily with Misfit Lalonde to bring Avon out of debt. So, while she was paying DSE for the regions since DSE ultimately owns them, the entire estate of Avon was in debt.
Therefore, we were quite surprised that Misfit Lalonde was dishonest with her customers and did not reveal that she had been collecting rent from residents for some future period only to pay for overdue rent with DSE, and had no ability to deliver the service which she collected money for. This means any refund inquiries will need to be directed to the person you paid rent to. In this case that would be Misfit Lalonde of Avon.
All in all, Misfit Lalonde was in debt to DSE by more than L$50,000 which does not include the regions we waived fees for over the past several days.
Those residents who received the misinformed notice from Avon have received a notecard with additional details about an option to save their home. If you received a notecard and do not have land within Avon you can safely disregard the notice.
Timeline of events
- June 6, 2017: Key Accounts Manager reached out to Misfit Lalonde to touch base on estate performance and any potential issues. None reported.
- June 20, 2017: Regions began to slip into arrears. Most kept under 3 days arrears.
- July 16, 2017: Regions started to surpass 3-day arrears. Program guidelines call for no arrears. Reminders graciously provided by Key Accounts Manager. No penalties yet.
- July 23, 2017: Misfit returned region by choice. Received L$2000 discount on move fee.
- August 20, 2017: Key Accounts Manager reached out about continual issues with Misfit’s regions surpassing 4 days arrears on a regular basis. Told she needed to make contact for any region passing 3 days arrears. No contact received from that point forward.
- August 22, 2017: Notice to ALL program participants about change in policy starting September 1, 2017. Pricing on homesteads changed as well. Notice of price change communicated months in advance. Late tolerances reduced and penalties enforced.
- August 23, 2017: Key Accounts Manager reached out to Misfit to discuss any potential estate issues and decide on a plan to resolve the continued arrears that were up to 5 days overdue at this point.
- August 30, 2017: Key Accounts Manager reached out again to inform Misfit that in order not to be removed from the program (which would raise all her tiers to retail level) that the arrears needed to be resolved. Therefore, any region that surpassed 6 days overdue would be reclaimed with no further warning or notice.
- September 1, 2017: Misfit confirmed receiving the notice.
- September 1, 2017: Misfit returned region by choice. Received L$2000 discount on move fee.
- September 7, 2017: Misfit had a region surpass 6 days. Rather than issue a reclaim we provided a courtesy 12-hour warning of pending reclaim.
- September 8, 2017: Shiloh Creek was reclaimed for being 6 days and 14 hours in arrears. We did not add these arrears onto another region. Discussion about paying the cost to move the region (L$20,000) since that is part of the program guidelines. Later, DSE decided to waive that fee to help Avon/Misfit. No fees applied for being 6 days 14 hours late or to detach the region. Total fees waived: L$34107
- September 10, 2017 12:38: Avon Station surpassed the 6-day mark and was reclaimed at 13:15. Arrears: 6 days 16 hours. We did not charge her the arrears nor did we charge her the move fees associated with the reclaim. Total fees waived: L$26667
- September 10, 2017 17:24: Misfit decided to close her estate, Town of Avon, on her own accord. At the time she closed her estate she had 13 regions still with DSE. Of these 13 regions 11 of them were in arrears.
- Total arrears: -L$59881 or 35 full days in arrears across 11 regions.
- Total credit: L$5161 or 3 days 5 hours across 2 regions
- Total Balance: -L$54720
- Total Fees Waived: L$60774
- Losses accrued by DSE: L$115494
If you have any questions at all you can contact us at any time using the in-world store or by submitting a ticket. We'll be happy to work with you or provide additional details as necessary.